Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

costume...attempt.

What have I gotten myself into? I have never been the one to buy the store bought costume as I love taking the time to make something unique.  But never did I think i would be making 2 costumes in 2 days!  Black AND White Swan.  I came up with the great idea for a girl friend and I to dress up as Natalie Portmans character.  I know there are plenty of costumes already made being sold online and in stores, but what fun would that be.

I started by buying black and white performance tutus from discountshop.com

Now I did take ballet 15 some years ago but I would not dream of walking around on toe shoes all night long, so I went with simple ballet slippers in pink.

To complete the outfit I needed to find a simple black and white corset that I could embolish so that the costumes would resemble these:

After a lot of browsing online, I finally found some basic corsets at Macys.  Took a trip to my local Michaels and bought some fun rhinestones, and feathers.  With fingers crossed and some good music I start this endeavor. Countdown begins!  Prayers are accepted. 

Pictures of the completed costumes to follow...